Friday, February 15, 2013

It's 11:26 right now, and the hunger pangs are starting to really kick in. (It's actually 11:27 now.) I've been really thinking about all the great food we're gonna get tomorrow night. Can't wait for that Fettucine Alfredo, Mom.
              On a more serious note, we've watched three videos so far tonight. It's hard to hear some of the stories that they tell. One of the videos talked about a lot of girls that are my age or younger that get sold to prositution in Thailand. That hits home for me. (Considering I'm that age, and I'm a girl.) It's sad to hear what they have to say, and what happens to them. The first video was about these two children that were starving and had polio. Their parents had abandoned them, leaving their older sister who was just 8 years old to take care of them. I'm 14 and I wouldn't want the job of two kids to take care of. Yet she took care of them willingly and lovingly. That takes a lot of love for your siblings to do.
  
-Shelbihan

No comments:

Post a Comment